Monday, January 12, 2009

"I'm just crazed about Tiffany's!"

For those of you that know me...you may know that my favorite movie is Breakfast at Tiffany's. While I would like to say that it because of the spectacular shiny items that come in the little blue boxes from that amazing store...this would, in fact, be untrue. Not that I don't love those items and will accept them from anyone who feels the undying need to give them to me!!!

No, my love for this movie comes from the leading lady, Audrey Hepburn. This was the first movie I ever saw her in and she was amazing. To me, it was like watching true talent on the screen. Ever since I first saw the movie...it has been, without a doubt, hands-down, favorite movie.

I watched it again this weekend. It is not just the typical romantic love story. Maybe that is why I love it so much. It is about a girl who struggles with her identity so much that she is almost willing to let go of the love that is staring her right in the face.

Here is the famous quote:
You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.

Of course, she comes to her senses!! As every girl should (but doesn't always--because life, afterall, isn't a movie) and runs after the man who she loves. Because all romance movies end with a Happily Ever After...especially where Audrey Hepburn and Tiffany's are concerned!

Anyway...it comes highly, highly recommended! For anyone who lives here in AZ, I have it and I am willing to loan it out! If not this one...there are many, many other movies that star Audrey Hepburn and I think you will find her just as marvelous as I do!

2 comments:

Dawn. said...

2 things: 1) I know you do love Breakfast at Tiffany's and Audrey Hepburn and 2) I love the new header!! :)

AZ_James said...

OK, I admit, my wife has turned me into an Audry Hepburn fan.

My favorite Hepburn movie is My Fair Lady.

We have it on DVD and she makes me watch it often.

"Oh wouldn't it be loverly"